Thursday, September 6, 2007

Box Fan Nightmare

I woke up from a nightmare this morning. I don't get them very often and most of the time it's for no particular reason. But last night, I dreamt I had found a haunted box fan in the greenhouse at Kenyon. At first I thought there was a ghost in the room with me fooling around with the fan but, after carrying the fan over to some friends--Josh Carrigan, Chris Gray, and Dave Liebenberg included--I realized that the fan itself was a ghost of sorts. It had a malevolent presence and tried to scare me. The way it sucked the life out of everything around it reminded me of Dementors. Then, being reminded of that I suppose (and subliminally making connections), some wizard told me that someone had actually squeezed a kind of fruit that would turn inanimate objects into ghosts. I asked him what would happen if you ate the fruit yourself and he told me, "You don't want to know."

That was around four in the morning, and it was hard to get back to sleep, but eventually, I woke up at 6:30am. I wanted to see the sunrise so I meditated a little (something I've been intending to get back into once I came here) then I sat outside reading "The Prisoner of Azkaban" until it came up. Now, I'm about to make eggs in a basket and continue on with the rest of my day.

No comments: