Friday, September 7, 2007

Just Say Yes To Harry Potter

Drew and I have been reading the Harry Potter series (he finally caved in once we got here). I bought the collection a week ago (1-6...I'm waiting for the paperback of 7) and I've been ploughing through them since. I'm on the third one now and still very surprised with how well the movies stuck to the first couple books and how they captured the little things like the moving portraits and the effects of spells. Today, I read a couple chapters on the couch, outside on the deck, and in the beautifully warm and comfortable bathtub in my bathroom.

In other, more interesting news, we drove around a bit in Highlands where we shopped a bit (I bought something for a friend and Drew got fudge). In about an hour, we're going to go eat at Cornicoupia, the restaurant we applied to today. Sarah, Drew's sister, worked there this summer and got us the jobs there. I believe it's part-time work, but I'll try my luck at being a waiter (the menu is only 2 pages--I should be able to memorize it OK) and if that's not enough work, we might get jobs at the High Hampton--a golf course nearby. I'm excited to work again, crazy as it sounds. Though lounging around the house and reading and taking baths all day is nice, I'd like to be a little more financially sound when we get off the Asheville.

Anywho, I'm off to read some more before dinner. Afterwards, we're going to come back and watch "Blades of Glory" which I hear is a decent movie...

No comments: